Friday 7 March 2014

Activity 3.1

E.I.T. uses a wide range of Digital Learning Technologies. Below I will describe 3 of them and their role at E.I.T.

Moodle

Moodle is a free piece of software that helps education providers provide online courses. For E.I.T, moodle is the software that powers E.I.T. online. The role that E.I.T. online plays at E.I.T. is huge its where students enroll in their courses, download class notes, submit assignments and it is a platform where students and the lecturers can communicate through the online forums for each class.

Reference: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moodle

Video Conferencing

Video conferencing allows people in different locations to have face to face meetings

Video conferencing at E.I.T. is rather important. It allows students from Taradale and Gisborne to connect with each other when blended learning classes are being taken. Also when lecturers stream their classes through software such as adobe connect, it allows students to access the class and be part of it without actually being in the class physically if they are unable to attend for some reason.

Reference: www.investopedia.com/terms/v/video-conferencing.asp

Social Media

The role of social media at E.I.T. isn't as big as the other technologies I have described but is still important none the less. Social media provides E.I.T. with a platform to communicate with the students by letting them know what is happening at E.I.T. (notices, events, important dates) Also, through using their page on Facebook/twitter they can advertise E.I.T. for free and may attract new students through their page.

No comments:

Post a Comment